(Article by Courtney Randolph in conjunction with the Dahlonega-Lumpkin Chamber and Visitors Bureau and a post from April)
It’s no secret that… We MISS Dahlonega! We miss our friends and family… We miss our study buddies… We miss our coworkers… Our favorite shop keepers… We miss our North Georgia waterfalls, and eating at our favorite restaurants downtown.
But we think we know how to make this easier! Whether you’re meeting with coworkers or having a happy hour with friends, Zoom video conferencing is a way for all of us to stay connected to each other during this time. Instead of having your house as the background of your video, pretend you are at one of these amazing places in Dahlonega with these free virtual Zoom backgrounds.
Keep scrolling to download each background.
Instructions on how to use these backgrounds are at the bottom of this post.
Share a screenshot of your call on social media! Tag us with @visitdahlonega and use #VisitDahlonegaVirtually.
1. Canopy & The Roots – Download
2. Christmas In Dahlonega – Download
3. Corner Kitchen in Dahlonega – Download
4. Consolidated Gold Mine – Download
5. Crisson Gold Mine – Download
6. Dahlonega Resort & Vineyard – Download
7. Dahlonega Square Hotel & Tasting Room – Download
8. Dahlonega Waterfall – Download
9. Downtown Dahlonega – Download
10. Frogtown Cellars – Download
11. Gustavo’s Pizzera in Dahlonega – Download
12. Montaluce Winery & Restaurant – Download
13. No. 3 Vintage – Download
Photo Credits: No. 3 Vintage
14. Red Oak Lavender Farm – Download
Photo Credits: Tina Duffey
15. The North Georgia Zoo – Download
16. Three Sisters Vineyards – Download
17. Outdoor Adventures – Download
For another outdoor adventure, click here to download.
How to Use Your Zoom Background on Desktop
- Download your preferred background above by clicking “Download” and “save as” an image into a preferred folder.
- Drag the image from your browser onto your desktop.
- Download the Zoom app for Mac or Windows.
- Open the app and sign in.
- In the upper right corner, click your profile picture and then click on “Settings.”
- In the left menu, click “Virtual Background.” (If you don’t see it, log in to the Zoom website, go to “Settings” and toggle on “Virtual Background.”)
- In the “Virtual Background” menu, click the (+) icon.
- Select and upload your new Visit Dahlonega background.
How to Use Your Zoom Background on Mobile
- Click the download link above for your preferred background.
- Hold down the image and select “Add to Photos.”
- Download the Zoom app for iOS to iPhone or iPad.
- Open the app, sign in, and join a meeting.
- Tap the three dots in the bottom right to open the “More” menu.
- Tap “Virtual Background.”
- Select and upload your new Visit Dahlonega background.
If you’re enjoying the Sunday Edition, then consider becoming a contributor with your own articles. If you have an article that needs highlighting send it to firstname.lastname@example.org to become a part of our growing community of feature news.
(Article and photos by Courtney Randolph in conjunction with the Dahlonega-Lumpkin Chamber and Visitors Bureau)
Looking for some social-distancing fun, fireworks, and food trucks? Shake up your yearly tradition for the 4th of July by driving up to Dahlonega for this year’s 4th of July! Dahlonega’s 4th of July Celebration is known for providing family-friendly afternoons of patriotic fun, but we decided that we wanted to help families create even bigger, more exciting memories. This year, Dahlonega’s 4th of July Celebration may look a little different, but we will continue to shoot our fireworks high and proud! We want you to enjoy our yearly tradition full day of laughter, live music, good eats, patriotism, and adventures – plus Iron Mountain Park’s spectacular fireworks, of course. Here are a list of reasons why you don’t want to miss this year’s 4th of July.
1. First Friday Night Concert – July 3rd
Start your day off right by joining us in Hancock Park for the First Friday Night Concert Series with Radford Windham & Stepback Cadillac on July 3rd at 6:30 pm. Order take-out from your favorite local business and bring it to the Hancock Park (located one block north of the Square) to spend some quality time with your family and friends. This free series held on the first Friday of each month now through October is an excellent way to wind down from the week and set the tone for a great weekend
2. Dahlonega Action Dogs
Come on out for a “barking” good time from 1 pm – 2 pm! Watch in wonder as the Dahlonega Action Dogs complete a series of Agility, Disc Sports, and Dock Diving tricks. The Dahlonega Action Dog team consists of handlers Rick and Debbie Nielsen and four border collies, Ripp, age 8, Jessie, age 7, Pete, age 3, and puppy Buck.
Tip: This show is completely FREE so bring the family, your lawn chair, and sit a spell with us!
3. Tasty Treats & Food Trucks Galore
Is the wait too long at your favorite local restaurant? Satisfy cravings for gourmet street cuisine at our food trucks located downtown in Hancock Park—these easy meals are sure to please palates of all ages! Cool off at Hancock Park from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. with some Kona Ice treats, or choose from any of the food truck options below:
Los Rios Mexican Restaurant
Food Type: Mexican Cuisine
Food Type: Gourmet Vegan and Vegetarian
Food Type: Caribbean/Jamaican
Hot Dog Stand
Food Type: Hotdog Meals
Thanks to the Dahlonega Downtown Development Authority for sponsoring this event!
4. Enjoy Jams with the Fam
We believe that we cannot have a 4th of July Celebration without music! This year, downtown Dahlonega will have a full lineup of talented, local musicians that will have you dancing while you stroll and shop downtown in one of USA Today’s 10 Best “Favorite Small Town Shopping Scenes.”
5. Support our Local, American Businesses
While taking in all different genres of music, stroll through our downtown. We encourage you to support these hard-working entrepreneurs and learn more about all of the wonderful organizations in Dahlonega and Lumpkin County at the Visitors Center and Brochure Rack inside the gazebo located next to the Visitors Center.
6. Entertainment for the Kids
Stop by the Visitors Center Gazebo for some kids coloring pages & entertainment. Completely free and fun, and gives the kids something to do while you finish your icy treats, chocolate fudge, or to-go food!
7. Iron Mountain Classic American Festival & Fireworks Celebration
Love parades, fireworks, festivals, and more? Take a short drive up to the Iron Mountain Festival & Fireworks Celebration! Enjoy ATV trails, rental machines to enjoy, camping, local art, & much more.
Iron Mountain is hosting a classic American 4th of July festival…complete with a parade (featuring tractors, big equipment, patriotic Jeeps and offroad toys, and MORE), music, food, tons of family activities, vendors and of course a HUGE fireworks show! A full day of events is planned from 12 pm – dark, so bring a blanket and a lawn chair and make a day of it!
Dahlonega is known for having some of the best regional dining experiences, and we encourage you to enjoy them while you are here. If you are in the mood for something on the go, consider placing a to-go order or grab a snack or meal from one of our food trucks or local restaurants, then grab your blankets and chairs and scope out the perfect viewing spot at Iron Mountain for the spectacular fireworks display that will kick off at dusk.
Tip: To buy your $20 parking tickets ahead of time, click here.
Special thank you to the Dahlonega Mainstreet & Downtown Development Authority and Iron Mountain Resort for helping making this 4th of July special this year!