These mountains are known as much for the music that comes out of them as they are for their picturesque vistas, cascading waterfalls and alluring trails.
Some of the world’s finest musicians have come from Western North Carolina and that rich tradition carries on today.
Here in Jackson County, the Town of Sylva, Jackson County Parks and Recreation Department and Jackson County Chamber of Commerce team up to produce the Concerts on the Creek series at the Bridge Park gazebo in Sylva every Friday from 7-9 p.m., typically from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
The 13th annual season will start on Friday, May 27 (Memorial Day weekend) and end on Friday, Sept. 2 (Labor Day weekend). That will be 15 Fridays of Concerts on the Creek, with the Fireworks Festivities and concert on Monday, July 4 sprinkled in for good measure.
- Friday, July 29: Shane Meade & The Sound, rock originals (7-9 p.m.)
- Friday, Aug. 5: Super 60s Band, classic hits, (7-9 p.m.)
- Friday, Aug. 12: Tuxedo Junction, classic hits, (7-9 p.m.)
- Friday, Aug. 19: SKA City, ska music (7-9 p.m.)
- Friday, Aug. 26: Dashboard Blue, classic hits, beach, 60s, 70s hits, (7-9 p.m.)
- Friday, Sept. 2: Alma Russ Band, Americana, country/bluegrass originals and covers, (7-9 p.m.)
These events are free with donations encouraged. Everyone is welcome. Dogs must be on a leash. No smoking or coolers allowed. Bring a chair or blanket. We will have food trucks available on select nights.
For more information, please contact the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce at 828-586-2155, visit our Facebook page, or visit us online at www.mountainlovers.com.