Ingredients for Ribs:
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 rack of ribs
- Store-bought or homemade BBQ Sauce
Ingredients for Scalloped Potatoes:
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes ( I used red ones)
- 3 Tbsp butter (I used unsalted)
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper (can use more if you like spice)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
Instructions for Ribs:
- Mix all ingredients for the dry rub and apply to ribs and let sit for a minimum of two hours.
- When the grill is at 400 to 500 degrees add the ribs and cook through.
- Right before pulling off the grill apply the bbq sauce to them and close the lid for another 5 minutes.
Instructions for Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×9 or 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.
- Whisk in the milk very slowly and season with salt and cayenne.
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk(I used a wooden spoon).
- Reduce heat and stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in the baking dish. Pour half of the cheese sauce over the potatoes. Repeat with the second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top and add some paprika for color.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350 or until the potatoes are tender.
Grilling out is a summer tradition and one of the best things to grill out is Ribs. With my ribs, I wanted a little different side item than what I usually serve so I made scalloped potatoes for the first time. This was an easy recipe that can be done relatively quickly with a little prep, also the ribs can just as easily be done in the oven, however, it would probably be best to try on a weekend to give yourself plenty of time.
I also served my green beans with it, and to get the recipe for that visit https://sundayedition.fetchyournews.com/2022/06/19/grilled-london-broil-with-grilled-carrots/. This meal was a big hit in my house and since the rub was just right for someone who does not like spicy food.
I got the recipe for the dry rub here https://www.ranchstylekitchen.com/sweet-dry-rub-for-pork-ribs/ and the scalloped potatoes here https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/scalloped-potatoes/. I do not have nutrition information on either of these.
Fire up your grill, call some good friends, and enjoy this wonderful meal! Summer is almost over so don’t wait.