Gold, saffron, scarlet begin to sprinkle their colors through out the rich laurel, pine and dark moss of the ridges and mountains of Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina. The Dog Days of Summer have given way to underlying crisp breezes.
It’s no wonder September features some good mix of indoor and outdoor days. If baseball is your thing, head out to your local parks and rec to watch some little league since it’s Little League Month. Even better, volunteer to coach.
Or pick a cool morning and go for a hike, looking for mushrooms -not to eat, just to identify, during National Mushroom Month. Don’t forget to celebrate Fall Hat
Month by wearing your favorite hair accessory while going through the woods.
If hiking through the woods is not your thing, there are plenty of food to celebrate in September. Breakfast claims the month and with it you can enjoy papayas, potatoes, rice, chicken, honey, Italian cheese, and whole grains. Top it all off by celebrating National Blueberry Popsicle month.
Health and safety are also on the calendar. Baby safety month, National Blood Cancer Awareness, National Disease Literacy, National Childhood Cancer Awareness, National Childhood Obesity Awareness, National Sickle Cell Awareness, Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Awareness.
If you need help coming up with ideas, check out the following links from National Day Calendar.
- Baby Safety Month
- Better Breakfast Month
- Classical Music Month
- Fall Hat Month
- Hispanic Heritage Month – September 15 to October 15
- Intergeneration Month
- International Update Your Resume Month
- Little League Month
- National Americana Month
- National Blood Cancer Awareness Month
- National Disease Literacy Month
- National Square Dance Month
- National Blueberry Popsicle Month
- National Chicken Month
- National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- National Honey Month
- National Italian Cheese Month
- National Library Card Sign Up Month
- National Mortgage Professional Month
- National Mushroom Month
- National Papaya Month
- National Piano Month
- National Potato Month
- National Preparedness Month
- National Recovery Month
- National Rice Month
- National Self-Care Awareness Month
- National Sewing Month
- National Sickle Cell Awareness Month
- Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Awareness Month
- Save Your Photos Month
- Self Improvement Month
- Whole Grains Month
- National Suicide Prevention Month
CELEBRATE NORTH GEORGIA'S OLDEST CHIMP, GREG TURNS 40! READ HIS STORY HERE.