Chicken Caesar Pasta SaladJust For Fun May 21, 2023
This yummy Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is perfect for cookouts with Memorial Day just around the corner. It contains all you love in a classic chicken caesar salad plus the added twist of a creamy pasta which makes this dish a stand out side dish or even the main course!
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 anchovy filets, rinsed and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to cook the pasta
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to serve
- 1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 16 oz. uncooked medium shell pasta
- 3 c. diced, cooked chicken
- 3 c. sliced romaine lettuce (about 1 heart)
- 2 c. store-bought or homemade croutons
- 1 c. shaved parmesan, plus more to serve
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, anchovy filets (if using), capers, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper until well combined and smooth. Whisk in the mayonnaise until well combined. Whisk in the grated parmesan and whole milk.
Cook the pasta for one minute longer than the package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and let cool.
Place the cooled pasta in the large bowl with the dressing. Add the chicken, lettuce, croutons, and shaved parmesan; folding to combine. Serve immediately with extra black pepper and shaved parmesan.
Leave a comment