- 6 Pillsbury Grands Low Fat Homestyle biscuits (this also works with croissants that’s what I used)
- 10 oz turkey sausage (I used regular sausage)
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup Fair Life skim milk (whatever milk you typically use works)
- 1/2 cup (56g) 2% shredded cheddar
- 1 packet Pioneer country gravy (can also use a homemade gravy)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium-high heat pan, brown ground turkey sausage
- Cut biscuits into 8 slices, like a pizza
- Fill the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish with biscuit slices (lightly grease the bottom)
- Top biscuits with cooked sausage crumbles
- Top sausage crumbles with 1/4 cup of cheese
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, salt & pepper, and milk in a medium size bowl
- Top the casserole with egg mixture
- You can either prepare country gravy & top the egg mixture with it now or hold off and add the gravy after cooking. I’ve done both and prefer omitting gravy until after it’s cooked
- Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes
- If you haven’t already, while the casserole is cooking prepare your country gravy according to the package
- Once the casserole is finished cooking you can pour gravy on top of individual servings
Sausage gravy biscuits are a southern tradition and this is a great take on that idea that is perfect for before-school breakfast. You can make this the night before and just warm it up the next morning.
I don’t have any kids but I do have a boyfriend and he eats like a kid sometimes and he loved this meal. Even if you have a picky eater that doesn’t usually enjoy the sausage gravy they will love this meal.
The nutrition information is here 295 calories, 12g fat, 27g carbs, 18g protein, 0g fiber, and 9 smart points. The nutrition is for the original recipe, not my add-ins. The original recipe can be found at https://www.malzisfit.com/macro-friendly-sausage-biscuit-gravy-casserole/.