Apple DumplingsFeatured Stories, Tastebuds November 5, 2021
The perfect recipe for the transition into cooler weather is warm, homemade apple dumplings.
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 cans crescent dough
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 8 oz. lemon-lime soda
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a large baking dish with butter. Peel and core apples then cut each apple into eighths.
- Separate crescent dough into triangles. Starting at the wider end, roll one apple slice up in a crescent triangle. Repeat with remaining apple slices and crescents. Place into prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together. Pour mixture over apples.
- Pour soda around edge of pan, trying to avoid pouring on top of dumplings. Bake dumplings until golden, 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream and spoon sauce from pan over dumplings.
Image and recipe sourced from: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a21925400/easy-apple-dumplings-recipe/
Leave a comment